Thursday, August 23, 2012

Progress!



Week 3 or 4? I can't remember. I'm feeling pretty good about AT LEAST shaving some time off my 13.1 PB. 8 miler yesterday at high noon was hot, and sometimes challenging with hills and traffic, but it was not miserable and once I got to where I had some cool wind in my face and a stretch of uninterrupted running, my pace stayed below 10:00.

The toughest part was trying to start running again after being stopped at a light. Some of the crossing signals did not work. Ended up standing at some for a while before I decided to just book it, but then I rested so long my knees and locked up. ARRGH! That hurts! Starting again while in pain like that, it took time to get back to a decent pace.

I may just do my next long runs in the 'hood on my little .5 mile stretch of road. It's mind numbing, but it's safer and uninterrupted. Also at home in case I'm running behind schedule. Little Girl's school is right there.

Starting to feel good about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment