Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 7

Just finished the 7th week and am over half way through Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program. Short and long runs are getting longer, more 400Ms, and time added on to tempo runs.

I'm feeling confident that I will finish the Koko Half Marathon feeling pretty good, and quite possibly a few minutes better than my PB. I'm finally not dreading running itself. I get nervous about the challenge of running faster and harder, but I'm focused now while I'm running on those two things rather than how awful I'm feeling for majority of the run.

I can't wait to see what I can do at the end of the program. There are so many things going on in 2013 that having a solid running base and cardio fitness will help immensely. Marathons, triathlons, soccer tournaments, oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment